Field Uniform (aka Class A Uniform)
The complete official field uniform for Troop 126 includes the Scout short-sleeved shirt, Scout pants, Scout belt and buckle, and neckerchief with slide woggle. The full uniform is to be worn at all ceremonial and indoor activities, such as troop meetings, courts of honor, and most other indoor functions. The field uniform should also be worn during special outdoor occasions, such as Scout shows, flag ceremonies and special times at summer camp.
The Troop 126 field uniform has the following required parts:
To be purchased by the Scouts
(Links are provided as a reference. There are other options that can be found at the Scout Shop. Please double check on the style and size to make sure it suites your needs and taste.)
- Shirt. Official short-sleeved tan shirt (https://www.scoutshop.org/catalog/product/view/id/10182)
- Green (Scouts BSA) shoulder loops on epaulets (https://www.scoutshop.org/catalog/product/view/id/2292)
- Scout world crest emblem (https://www.scoutshop.org/catalog/product/view/id/339)
- MDSC shoulder patch (https://www.scoutshop.org/catalog/product/view/id/1251)
- Belt. Olive web with BSA insignia on brass buckle (https://www.scoutshop.org/catalog/product/view/id/7868)
- Pants. Official, olive, no cuffs. (https://www.scoutshop.org/catalog/product/view/id/7858)
To be provided by the Troop
- Neckwear. New Scouts will receive a generic blue BSA neckerchief. Upon earning the Scout rank, they will receive the official Troop 126 neckerchief.
- Troop number patch
- Paracord woggle
- Founder bar. For qualified Scouts
For details about the placement of insignia, see the following inspection sheet: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34283.pdf
Activity Uniform (aka Class B Uniform)
For outdoor activities, Scouts may wear troop or camp T-shirts with the Scout pants or shorts or other appropriate attire.
Patch placement on uniforms
Image shows how the patch should be sewed or clued
Here is a local place that sews on the cub scout patches for about $2/patch. They are very knowledgeable with regards to patch placement and have the uniform templates available in the shop for reference. The official BSA scout stores also provide this service, but the fee is a little higher.
Crow Canyon Alterations
3104 Crow Canyon Place #B2